Two Lotta dresses were made this week, reversing the main and contrasting fabrics between the two. The girls are coming with me to a gender reveal party this weekend, so it works nicely that one is mainly navy and the other magenta-pink!
This is the first time I’ve sewn the Lotta. It was on my list for their spring/summer wardrobe and the way the pattern pieces are cut works well for fabric conservation. I made both the dresses with one yard of each fabric. Meaning I got two dresses for two yards, which is pretty nice for a lined bodice dress with pockets. No fabric left for identical diaper covers though.
I chose the button back with plain buttons since the print was so busy. The other choices included in the pattern are invisible zipper and buttons with buttonloops.
The fabrics are both Cotton & Steel–Moonlight Tanagrams Navy and Metallic XOXO Plummy. These dresses are size 2T. The sewing itself wasn’t tricky, but I did ask Marte (from Compagnie M) for help twice. She was very responsive and nice!
Next time I’m going to try the diagonal pockets as I think the contrasting fabric will show more than on the sides. I also have the Mara pattern on the Spring/Summer sewing list.
For this pattern, I learned a different order of garment construction compared to the Geranium dress, and the cap sleeves have more of a curve once sewn. The girls love them. I showed them the pink one still on the hanger and they absconded with it and didn’t want to give it back. Then I tried on the navy one and that kiddo also ran off when I tried to take it back off.
p.s. I cured my pattern paralysis