This weekend I made another Geranium dress! This pattern is so satisfactory to put together and looks so nicely finished. The print is quite large but the first Geranium I made had a medium print and the pattern held up the print well. Of course it had to have a diaper cover to match!
I like the pleated version (over the gathered skirt version) so far. Here is the back:
Its a 2T for my 1 year olds, so the hem is quite large. I kept all the length so I can let it out later. Also this weekend I let out the first Geranium I made and made a flowy peasant top with the Wayfarer Palos Verde voile leftover from the circle skirts earlier in the week. Its been a very satisfying week of sewing.
I had another opportunity with this hem to try out my narrow rolled hem foot but still didn’t because I had both the Geranium dress and top going at the same time and wanted to get them both done this weekend. I learned a few new things with the diaper cover funny enough. For instance, eventually, if you keep sewing over your pins, you could end up with one like this:
And if you accidentally don’t put your bobbin thread through the tension mechanism in the bobbin case, you end up with a the bobbin thread side looking like this: